New Anglia Life Sciences and Bio-economy Skills Plan published January 2018
A Life Sciences and Bio-economy Sector Skills Plan for Norfolk and Suffolk has been published by New Anglia LEP. The plan written by Martin Collison as part of a team led by SkillsReach sets out priorities for the growth of New Anglia’s vibrant life sciences and bio-economy sector with an emphasis on how investment in skills can help to deliver growth. The plan sets out the following priorities for action:
- Develop an Economic Development Plan for Life Sciences and the Bio-economy as part of the implementation of the Norfolk and Suffolk Economic Strategy.
- Promote the need for international recruitment and training.
- Provide more commercial exposure and experience for students.
- Support the development of higher and degree apprenticeship routes which combine study with work experience.
- Improve skills provision in ICT, data and maths – for both the existing and future workforce.
- Develop training in sectors using Life Sciences to develop ‘informed clients’ and create a ‘market pull’ for Life Science innovation.
- Develop a network for education and training centres working in Life Sciences and the Bio-economy.
The skills plan can be found at: https://newanglia.co.uk/plan-to-provide-world-class-sector-with-skills-to-match/